Our Nebraska site is now live – and filling up fast
Following its groundbreaking in the summer, we are pleased to announce that our high-powered Nebraska hosting and colocation site is now live – and is filling up fast.
About the site
The Kearney, NE site will offer 100 megawatts of power to support large-scale data operations and to serve as a critical location for expanding upon the blockchain and hosting infrastructure. It is Compute North’s third site, along with others in Texas and South Dakota, and is our highest power offering to date.
The facility is set up to accommodate large-scale users with over 1MW of requirements from all over the globe. The combination of power and connectivity with the low energy costs of the site makes it capable of efficiently handling AI, blockchain, machine learning, crypto mining, and more.
What to look for in a mining colocation partner
Mining colocation is the most cost-effective mining approach today – when it’s done correctly. Unfortunately, that’s often easier said than done, and success isn’t guaranteed unless you do your due diligence ahead of time.
Here’s what to look for in a colocation provider:
- Cost-effective power – If you’re overpaying for power, you’re not going to be able to mine enough to be profitable.
- Adequate power requirements – Your colocation facility needs to be equipped to handle your high-powered hardware.
- Cryptocurrency expertise – If your provider doesn’t understand how blockchain works, how can their facility maximize your efforts?
- U.S.-based location – In addition to having high availability of low-cost renewable energy, the U.S. doesn’t limit your potential or tack on massive taxes like other countries do.
- Efficient cooling – If your colocation facility doesn’t provide appropriate cooling, your equipment isn’t going to last long.
- Equipment swaps – You should be free to switch your equipment when your mining needs change.
- Monitoring – A good colocation provider will notify you immediately of any downtime and will work double-time to get you back up and running.
- Transparent pricing – For a fixed price, you should get an agreed upon amount of power and space in addition to cooling, internet, physical racking, security, and more.
The Compute North advantage
Compute North also hosts and distributes devices from the industry’s biggest names, including Bitmain, Whatsminer, Canaan, Obelisk, and several others. We partner with users to provide their operation with everything they need to effortlessly maximize ROI. We make it easy to get your hardware online quickly and then provide expert-level support and 24/7 security to protect your investment.
In addition to device distribution and high-efficiency hosting, we specialize in a complete range of services that includes repair and quality assurance, logistics, GPU and rendering, deep and machine learning, and more.
Partner with Compute North at our new high-powered site
Compute North is an ideal colocation partner in each of these areas and more. Our new Nebraska hosting site is now more than two-thirds full and is continuing to ramp up quickly. Reserve your hosting space today to secure your investment in one of the industry’s most lucrative opportunities.