This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the services offered by COMPUTE NORTH LLC, or any of its affiliates (“COMPUTE NORTH”) and applies to all subscribers (“you,” “your” or “customer”) of COMPUTE NORTH services. Violation of this Policy may result in account suspension and/or termination.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at our discretion and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend you visit the COMPUTE NORTH website at www.computenorth.com (the “Site”) to review any changes to the Policy. Your continued use of the COMPUTE NORTH services constitutes your agreement to our then-current Policy.
Reselling the Service or Access to the Service
You may not resell the COMPUTE NORTH services or access to the COMPUTE NORTH services without prior written approval from COMPUTE NORTH. Use of your account by someone other than yourself, immediate family members or an authorized representative of your company may cause your services to be terminated.
Illegal, Harmful, Abusive, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use the COMPUTE NORTH facilities, services or resources for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or in any manner that interferes with or disrupts other network users, services or equipment. Prohibited activities and content, include but are not limited to:
- Use of the COMPUTE NORTH facilities, services or resources in any manner which violates any applicable laws or regulations.
- Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. This includes violating the privacy of other users, including intentionally seeking information on, obtaining copies of or modifying files, other data or passwords belonging to other users without permission.
- Wide-scale distribution of messages to inappropriate forums or mailing lists. This includes sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of “spam” or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, who were not previous customers or with whom the sender did not have an existing business relationship. COMPUTE NORTH reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion and based on the information available (1) what constitutes spam as well as (2) what measures are necessary in response to spamming complaints.
- Propagation of computer worms or viruses, use of the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information or communications devices or resources. This includes unauthorized security probing activities or other attempts to evaluate the security integrity of a network or host system without permission. This includes uploading any data or software that is subject to distribution or copyright limits. You have the sole liability for any data or software uploaded by you to COMPUTE NORTH.
- Connecting to sites that promote any illegal activity or content that may be damaging to COMPUTE NORTH servers or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited. Examples of unacceptable content or links include pirated software, “hacker” programs, archives of pirated copyright software, any kind of software or shareware, any illegal audio/video (mp3, illegally recorded samples etc.), any MPEG or MP3 content or streaming (i.e. Real Audio or Real Video) content of any kind.
- Harassment, including but not limited to, through language or frequency or size of messages.
- Unauthorized use, or forging, of mail header information.
- Solicitations of mail for any other E-mail address other than of the poster’s account or service with the intent to harass or to collect replies.
- Creating or forwarding “chain letters” or other ” schemes” of any type.
- Use of unsolicited E-mail originating from within COMPUTE NORTH’s network or networks of other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise any service hosted by COMPUTE NORTH or connected via COMPUTE NORTH’s network.
- Pornography and pornographic related merchandising. This includes sites that include links to pornographic content elsewhere.
- Denial of Service attacks or hosting.
- Hacking or attacks on other server systems.
With the exception of information specifically authored by or on behalf of COMPUTE NORTH, COMPUTE NORTH does not develop or publish, nor does COMPUTE NORTH review, censor or edit materials and information accessible through COMPUTE NORTH, or materials and information which are accessible through other computer networks which may be connected to COMPUTE NORTH.
It is the responsibility of all COMPUTE NORTH customers and their constituents who have access to the COMPUTE NORTH service networks and to the networks of other providers, to comply with this Policy and the policies governing those other networks.
COMPUTE NORTH customers who publish materials and information which are accessible through the COMPUTE NORTH service networks are solely responsible for the privacy, content and liability of such materials and information and are solely responsible for knowing and to complying with all laws applicable to the publication of such materials and information. COMPUTE NORTH exercises no control over such content and is not responsible for the content of the materials and information published by others that is accessible through the COMPUTE NORTH service networks or the violation of any laws resulting from such publication.
Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the COMPUTE NORTH services. We may:
- Investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the COMPUTE NORTH services.
- Remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the COMPUTE NORTH services.
- Report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you must immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy or for additional information pertaining to our Acceptable Use Policy, please contact:
Compute North LLC
7575 Corporate Way
Eden Prairie, MN 55344